18 Life Lessons Learned From Traveling The World by Matthew Kepnes.
I never thought I would still be nomadic. My original round the world trip was only supposed to last one year before I went back home, found a “real” job, settled down, and by now, be married, have a house, 2.5 children, and complain about my retirement fund to my friends.
Yet life took a decidedly different turn and here I am, seven years later, writing this from an overnight train to Copenhagen with the same desire to explore the world and no sign of stopping soon.
After so many years on the road, there are a few life lessons I’ve learned from travel that I never would have learned otherwise and I wanted to share with you today.
1. It’s not that hard.
2. You learn a lot of life skills.
3. You are never alone.
4. You meet some of your closest friends traveling.
5. Relationships come and go on the road.
6. But chase the ones you like.
7. It’s good to try new things.
8. Be adventurous.
9. There is no such thing as a mistake.
10. Don’t be cheap.
11. That being said, don’t be wasteful.
12. Drop the guidebook.
13. It’s never too late to change.
15. Learn more languages (seriously).
16. Wear more sunscreen.
17. People are good.
18. There’s no such thing as must-see.